Ozona Chamber of Commerce:
The Ozona Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center lobby and 24-hour restrooms, as with all local small businesses, is open to the public at a 75% capacity as per the Texas Governor's re-opening plan. The Chamber of Commerce offices are open for business Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. The Visitor Center is also open Saturdays, 10:00am-3:00pm.
Crockett County Facilities:
The Crockett County Commissioners’ Court has opened/closed the following to the public:
- Crockett County Civic Center is open. Masks and social distancing are required.
- Crockett County Senior Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Social distancing guidelines are being followed. Meals are being delivered to homebound residents, and meals may also be picked up at the back door of the center through Helping Hands. For more information, call the Crockett County Senior Center at (325) 392-9094 or Helping Hands at (325) 392-5026.
- Crockett County Public Library - The Library has reopened with new hours: Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You are also welcome to use their Libby App to read digital books. Contact them for a library code number at 325-392-3565, or visit crockett.ploud.net. Safety Guidelines are as follows:
- Wear a mask or plastic shield when in the Library.
- Use sanitizer station.
- Keep six-feet distance from others.
- Stay home if you have symptoms or appear ill.
- Only 8 persons maximum in the Library at a time.
- Only 4 computers are available.
- Computer users are allowed 30 minutes maximum use.
- Computer usage is limited to: work, school, business, personal administration or banking. NO GAMING or ENTERTAINMENT USAGE.
- Place all books in the "Drop Box" located on the north side of the building.
- Please conduct business as quickly as possible to limit contact with other patrons.
- Patrons should limit the amount of touching of llibrary materials when browsing the shelves.
- J. Cleo Thompson Wellness Center has reopened at 75% capacity. Classes will resume on Oct. 1st. Respect, sanitize and distance! Visit www.ozonawellness.com for more information.
- Crockett County Convention Center is closed until further notice.
- Crockett County Museum is now open with the following guidelines:
- Tourist are required to wear a face mask and sanitize their hands upon entrance before touring the facility.
- Please wait for assistance & Sign in our guest book.
- Cash and Card Only. No out of town checks.
- Practice Social Distancing.
- Do NOT handle merchandise in the gift shop.
- Do NOT handle displays.
- Tourist, if you do not feel well, please do not enter the Facility.
- Crockett County EMS - No riders will be allowed in the ambulance to accompany family members to the hospital. Small children and babies are exempt.
- Crockett County Sports Facilities and Practice Fields - The use of Crockett County sports facilities and practice fields are now open. Athletes and spectators are to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Crockett County Annex Offices - All courthouse annex offices are open for business, with COVID Guidelines about distancing and masks being followed. General county information can be found at www.co.crockett.tx.us
- Crockett County Court has resumed their monthly sessions with COVID Guidelines being followed.
- Crockett County Commissioners Court has started regular meetings again, with COVID Guidelines being followed.
- Crockett County Jail - The Texas Commission on Jail Standards (TDJS) issued an official Suspension of Visitation Plan Friday afternoon, March 13, 2020. The mandate states that visitation of individuals who are incarcerated will no longer be allowed. However, it recommends allowing attorneys visitation so as not to interfere with the court system. They should be screened before entering detention facilities, according to the notice. The TCJS directive came after a National Declaration of Emergency amid increasing concerns over COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Crockett County Jail is complying with this order.
- Crockett County Care Center - By recommendation of our local doctor, Crockett County Care Center will be closed to anyone who is not a care center employee or resident. This is only to err on the side of caution with the rise and spread of COVID-19. Nurses and staff will also have their temperatures checked and a health screening prior to entering the facility each shift. We know this recent and temporary change affects many people and their loved ones, but the protection and well-being of our nursing home residents must always come first and foremost. For more information call the nurse's station at 325-392-2671, ext. 30. The new Care Center Resident Phone number is (325) 392-2697. This number is what you dial to talk to your loved ones in the Care Center. Regarding the Governor's latest guidelines, the Care Center has released the following statement: "Yes, we want to open as soon as possible, but there will be two people for each resident that will be considered essential. They will also have to be COVID-19 tested within 14 days of visitation. They will be allowed in resident’s rooms, one at a time, by appointment only, will wear full Personal Protective Equipment, be screened at the door and escorted out of the resident’s room. These people will be allowed to hug their loved ones. The rest of the visitors will be allowed two at a time and will have to remain behind plexiglass, no touching allowed and this will be by appointment only. We will not be starting this on Thursday, Sept. 24 because we do not have the outside tables up and the plexiglass up, and there are still concerns about the rules that we must make sure we are following to the letter."
- Crockett County Swimming Pool is closed until further notice.
112th District Court:
112th District Court is calling off anything that is unnecessary until further notice.
Crockett County Schools:
CCCCSD has resumed classes.
Visit ozonaschools.net for more information.
The CCCCSD Administration Office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, or you may call the offices at (325) 392-5501 ext. 0.
Lions Stadium is available for practice and games.
Beginning September 28th, all students will be required to return to Face-to-Face Instruction unless they are in quarantine or have a medical condition restricting in-person attendance. Both conditions require a doctor's note.
In the case of a COVID-19 outbreak, CCCCSD is prepared to offer remote instruction to all students.
CCCCSD will continue to follow all of the COVID-19 guidelines, including screening and wearing of the masks during the school day.
Community Organizations, Attractions and Businesses:
4-H and Texas AgriLife Extension Office is open with social distancing guidelines being followed. Visit the Crockett County - Texas A&M AgriLife Facebook Page for more information, or contact Kailey Scott, Crockett County Extension Agent at 325-392-2721.
Helping Hands is still delivering meals to those residents of Crockett County that are homebound. Those citizens who were formerly coming to the center for lunch are still able to drive up at the back doors of the building and we will bring meals to you, in your car. If you are interested in this program or would like more information, please call (325) 392-5026.
Ozona Head Start - Ozona Head Start is open Monday-Friday from 7:45 a.m. -11:45 a.m and following social distancing guidelines.
Ozona Community Center - The Ozona Community Center is open. Strict health protocols are being followed. During this time, the Ozona Community Center is asking the public to help support our facility in sponsoring a child. This will help maintain our full-time staff, who are devoted to caring for your children. We are asking for $135 per week to sponsor a full-time infant/child or $40 a week for an after-school child. Donations can be mailed to the Ozona Community Center, PO Box 41, Ozona, Texas 76943.
Fort Lancaster State Historical Site – The Texas Historical Commission has reopened most of state historic sites for day-use only. Visitors are to maintain a 6-foot distance from others. Masks and face coverings are strongly encouraged. No groups larger than five outside of the same household or group gatherings allowed. The grounds are accessible for walking, self-guided tours only. The Visitor Center, grounds and public restrooms are open from Tuesday-Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visitors should contact the Fort by phone (432-836-4391) or visit the website www.VisitFortLancaster.com before they visit to get up to date information.
Local banks -
Ozona Bank's lobby is closed, except for appointments only. Motor banks are open.
Crockett National Bank lobby is closed, except for appointments only. Motor banks are open.
Ozona Country Club bar is open and following social distancing guidelines. The ballroom remains closed. The golf course remains open, but club officials are encouraging players to be in groups less than 10 and keep safe distances from each other.
RESTAURANTS: Please visit our www.Ozona.com/ozona-restaurants-open-amid-covid-19 page.
SHOPPING: Please visit our www.Ozona.com/ozona-shopping-hours-amid-covid-19 page
All local hair salons and nail salons are open in compliance with the governor’s guidelines.
The Ozona Stockman is open and following COVID Guidelines.
First Baptist Church has resumed regular Sunday morning services in the main sanctuary. Sunday School will begin at 9:45 a.m. followed by Worship service at 11:00. Sunday evening services are still postponed. Wednesday K.I.D.S. and Youth services have resumed. Visit www.ozonafbc.com for more information.
Ozona United Methodist Church has resumed indoor Sunday services at 10:00 a.m. in the main Sanctuary. Social distancing guidelines will be followed. All other services are still postponed. Services will be on their Facebook page and email. Visit www.ozonaumc.com for more information.
New Beginnings Ozona is resuming their regular Sunday services at 10:30 a.m. Social distancing guidelines will be followed. Services will also be available online at newbeginningsozona.com or their Facebook page.
OLPH Catholic Church has suspended regular services. They are streaming mass online and on Facebook and through 94.3 FM radio.
AEP - AEP is temporarily suspending all disconnections for non-payment as the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread in our communities. We know our customers are concerned about their families and ensuring they have reliable electric service allows them to focus on staying healthy and well. AEP is committed to doing what we can to help our customers, our employees, and the communities we serve navigate this uncertain time.
NATGAS - NatGas office is now open during business hours. Night drop is also available for bill payments. For questions, call 325.392.2201, 325.226.2031 or 325.226.5060 or email [email protected]. Disconnects on past due accounts are being temporarily suspended.
OZONA CABLE & BROADBAND office is closed. Night drop is available for bill payments.
CROCKETT COUNTY WATER CONTROL & IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT #1 is now open during business hours. Other Payment Options are: Mail, Night Drop or Bank Draft. Staff is available to assist Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm by calling 325.392.2730 or 325.392.3260. Any questions or concerns, please call.
Nuestra oficina está cerrada al público. Envíe los pagos por correo o déjalo en el deposito de noche. Para cualquier otro negocio, contáctenos al 325.392.2730 o 325.392.3260.
Disculpe las molestias y gracias por su cooperación.
Updated Monday, September 28, 2020 at 3:29 p.m.